Easily simulate fluid flow, heat transfer, and fluid forces that are critical to the success of your design with SolidWorks Flow Simulation. Fully embedded with SolidWorks 3D CAD, SolidWorks Flow Simulation’s intuitive CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) tool enables you to simulate liquid and gas flow in real-world conditions, run “what if” scenarios, and efficiently analyze the effects of fluid flow, heat transfer, and related forces on immersed or surrounding components. Driven by engineering goals, SolidWorks Flow Simulation enables Product Engineers to use CFD insights for making their technical decisions through a concurrent engineering approach. Additional HVAC and Electronic Cooling modules offer dedicated fluid flow simulation tools for detailed analysis. Use the various analytical capabilities offered to compare design variations and create products with superior performance by taking informed decisions.
Which SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation package is right for you?
SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation
SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation is a general parametric flow simulation tool that uses the Finite Volume Method (FVM) to calculate product performance through “what if” studies that allow you to perform optimization using the results.
Dedicated heating, cooling, and ventilation tools for simulating HVAC systems and radiation phenomena.
Featured Solidworks Flow Simulation HVAC Capabilities:
- Human comfort factors—calculate 8 comfort parameters [including “Predicted mean vote” (PMV) and “Predicted percent dissatisfied” (PPD)] to measure thermal comfort and identify potential problem areas
- Advanced radiation—model absorption of radiation in solid bodies and definition of the radiation spectrum for a more accurate radiation simulation
- Tracer study—analyze the flow of a certain admixture (tracer) in the existing carrier fluid
- Enriched engineering database—wide range of building materials and fans to run thermal analysis quickly and efficiently
Electronics Cooling Module
Dedicated thermal management study simulation tools for accurate thermal analysis of electronic Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and enclosure designs.
Featured Solidworks Flow Simulation Electronic Cooling Capabilities:
- Two-resistor compact model to accurately simulate electronic packages
- Heat Pipes for modeling a predominant cooling approach
- PCB Generators to accurately model multilayer PCBs
- Joule Heating calculation
- Enriched engineering database with a wide range of new fans, thermoelectric coolers, two-resistor components, interface materials, and typical IC packages
|SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation||HVAC Module||Electronics Cooling Module|
|Ease of Use|
|Design Data Reuse|
|SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation Capabilities|
|2D – 3D|
|Heat Conduction in Solids|
|Boundary Layer Description|
|Non Newtonian Fluids|
|Communication & Reporting|
|Two-Phase (Fluid + Particles) Flows|
|Noise Prediction (Steady State and Transient)|