SolidWorks Inspection is a First Article Inspection (FAI) and in-process inspection software that greatly simplifies and automates the creation process of ballooned inspection drawings and inspection reports(AS9102, PPAP, etc…). SolidWorks Inspection consists of a stand-alone application and a SolidWorks add-in that enables users to leverage their legacy data regardless of whether they are SolidWorks files, PDFs or TIFFs.
SolidWorks Inspection Professional extend SolidWorks Inspection capabilities by providing users with multiple ways to enter measured values directly into an inspection project. Each characteristic’s value can be entered by manually typing them in, using a digital caliper or importing CMM results.
SolidWorks Inspection is a simple and intuitive application that reduces the time needed to create inspection documentation by up to 90%, and virtually eliminates errors inherent to any manual process, thus mproving quality and reducing time to market.
Automate Your Inspection Documentation
The SOLIDWORKS® Inspection add-in automates the ballooning of engineering drawings and 3D files with Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI). Minimizing the time needed to record inspection measurements, SOLIDWORKS Inspection streamlines the creation of industry-standard inspection reports.
- Runs directly in design environment to capture inspection dimensions and notes directly from SolidWorks drawings and create ballooned inspection drawings and inspection report forms
- Eliminates manual keying and data entry of inspection reports and manual ballooning of inspection prints
- Provides standard reports, including AS9102 and PPAP forms, and offers a Template Editor for easily customizing reports or using your own reports with SolidWorks Inspection.
- Powerful capabilities including customizable lists, data filtering, default tolerance application, customizable ballooning options and statistical sampling support make it easy to create inspection plans, first article packages, in-process and final inspection reports.
- Helps companies comply with industry standards in aerospace, oil, and gas
Which SOLIDWORKS Inspection package is right for you?
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Standard
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Standard is a First Article and in-process inspection solution that streamlines the creation of inspection documentation. A standalone application and an embedded SOLIDWORKS add-in, SOLIDWORKS Inspection Standard enables you to leverage legacy data regardless of the file type.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional extends SOLIDWORKS Inspection Standard capabilities and lets you manually or semi-automatically enter measured values directly into an inspection project. With SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional, you can work directly with 2D/3D CAD data and streamlined workflows.
|SOLIDWORKS Inspection Standard||SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional|
|Create Inspection Reports|
|Optical Character Recognition|
|PDF Drawing Comparison and 2D/3D Revision Management|
|Quality Sampling Plans|
|Enter and Import Measurements|
|Highlight Critical Dimensions|